NO SHORTAGE WITH THE LORD

Any believer who wishes to please God with his prayer life must first settle this question: "Does God have all I need or do I need to go elsewhere for my answer?"
This appears to be a simple question — perhaps one that doesn't even need to be asked. Most Christians would answer, "Yes, of course I believe God has all I need." But in reality many of us are not convinced! We say we believe it but then a crisis hits and God doesn't seem to answer. Often at such times we don't truly believe he has what we need.
Paul exhorts us, "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). The Lord has a storehouse of abundance with which to meet our every need. And servants of faith know this.
God spent forty years trying to convince Israel they would never lack anything. He promised he would be their constant source and supply. "The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hand. He knows your trudging through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing" (Deuteronomy 2:7).
God was saying, "There is no scarceness, no shortage with me. I have all you need. And I have given it to you."
"The Lord your God is bringing you into a good land . . . a land . . . in which you will lack nothing. . . . When you have eaten [you shall be] full" (8:7, 9–10).
Today, the Lord has brought us into our Promised Land: Christ! Jesus is to us an abiding place where there is never any lack. He represents the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
In the Old Testament, believers had the shekinah glory of God. But God says he has provided something even better for us and that is the very presence of Jesus himself. He is constantly present in us.